Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine Kitty!!







I had a lot of fun building this card. This is 1 of 4 cards created during my stay at my parents house this last week. My son and I vacated our home in Arlington, TX so we would be able to avoid the SuperBowl madness and don't forget that crazy winter weather we had!! By the way they say we could get more tonight and tomorrow. :(


Anyways back to the card... This card actually has two digis from C2D. The large heart and cat on the top of the pile was an extra digi sent to those of us who participated in last weeks Delightful Inspiration progressive challenge. This week is the 1st week of Feb. so the digi is free it is the heart minus the cat and if you participate in this weeks challenge you will get next weeks digi for free. You can find the free digi and challenge at Delightful Inspiration progressive challengeIf you did not participate last week and want to use the heart with cat digi you can find it in the Designed2Delight digital stamps shop.


I created my image in photoshop. I used the heart digi to created the pile and then added the heart w/ cat digi on top. It was my the first thought I had when I saw the 2 digis and I think I pulled it off pretty well.  I colored the image with copics and thne used the Milled Lavendar Distress Ink by Tim Holtz to shade the paper around the image.


I put a brown shimmer page from the DCWV Shimmer Premium Stack. The rest of the paper came from the scrap pile. The sticker sentiment is from the K&Company package Kelly Panacci Valentine Embossed Stickers. The flowers were not from any specific package in fact the all came from flower bunches my mom and I had purchased last year and pulled apart so that we could mix and match as we wished. I had to color the brads with yellow copic marker Y06 because I could not find the right size brad in yellow in our stash of things.


Ok I am done now. Hope you like the card. It is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

  1. Love your pile of hearts!! Love the bright colors as well! Thanks for joining us at Designed 2 Delight!!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love the pile of hearts! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete